Welding Rebar to Stainless Steel

I have a situation where a stainless steel plate needs to be attached to the
vertical edge of a 6-inch concrete slab. The stainless steel plate needs to
transmit bending, shear and tension forces from exterior elements to the
slab. Is there a problem with welding rebar to the stainless steel plate to
develop the tension and shear forces and designing the stainless steel plate
like a base plate? I don't feel comfortable with this type of connection,
but I need some advice.

I would appreciate any comments.

Thank you in advance.

Oshin Tosounian, S.E.