Re: Welding Rebar to Stainless Steel

>I don't feel comfortable with this type of connection,
>but I need some advice.
Bimetal welds are always tricky unless you know exactly what you're
doing. Austenitic stainless (presumably you're considering austenitic
stainless) and re-bar have different responses to thermal treatment,
different thermal expansion coefficients and in this particular case very
different microstructure. I'm not very impressed with the weldability of
re-bar, although I know it's done. In any even it isn't a job for
Clapsaddle's Weld Shop and Charm School. Make sure you have welders who
are qualified for making structureal bi-metal joints.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw