Re: Deck rail

Tarek -

My understanding is that it must be applied once at any point
along the *entire* rail.  So, if you have a 20'-0" rail length,
move the load along the length (and change its directionality)
such that it generates maximum demand in *each* element.
I find the easiest way to do this is to construct influence
lines for the pertinent quantities for a given railing.

I believe that the code only expects you to apply *one* 200lbf
point load to the railing, not one point load per given length
(e.g. 5'-0").  I guess they figure only one person falls against
any part of the the rail at any given time.

Charley