RE: Welding Rebar to Stainless Steel

>This is not a prequalified weldment under the structural welding code.
I'm not at all surprised. That's why the welder and the procedure need to
be qualified. Of course, I've never exactly figured out what people take
'pre-qualified' to mean. If the term is construed to mean that anyone can
make the joint with no further qualification using any convenient
procedure and consumables, then it's a snare and a delusion. If the term
is construed to mean that a designer can expect to find a weldor already
qualified to a procedure for making the joint, that's a little better.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw