RE: Foreign degree evaluation

Deepak,

As Oliver kind of points out, if you are looking at this for the purpose
of attending a US university for graduate work, then getting you
undergraduate degree "accreditted" will be on a university by university
basis (FWIW, I don't think that "accreditted" is that right term for this
purpose...as I understand it, you can get accepted to a university
regardless of your degree...you just may have to take some additional
classes to make up for things that the particular university consider's
that you are lacking...but then I have not had to deal with such a
situation myself).

OTOH, if this is for the purposes of getting licensed in the US, then it
becomes a case of what the state that you are applying to will require of
you.  Many might accept the ECEI evaluation...some may not.  It comes down
that you would have to prove that your undergraduate education was
substantially equivalent to an ABET accreditted degree.  And this is more
than just taking similarlly named classes...you will have show, for
example, that your concrete design course covered the same material as a
concrete design course in an ABET accreditted program, etc.  As Oliver
pointed out, this process can be a MAJOR hurdle for foreign educated (i.e.
non-ABET degree) engineers.

HTH,

Scott
Adrian, MI