Re: Early form release for two-way slabs

In addition to all the other good answers you got in
response to your post I?d like to mention one other
subtlety that was not mentioned.

Your post implied that the forms would be removed but
the posts would stay in place. This sounds
suspiciously like a ?backshore? system as opposed to a
?reshore? system. BE CAREFUL HERE! There is a HUGE
difference between backshores and reshores and if the
differences are not accounted for in the analysis,
then you might have a condition where there could be
huge overstresses on some of your slabs. I believe the
ACI MCP discusses this issue somewhere and if I
remember correctly they may even caution against using
backshores.

Most engineers and contractors are unaware of the
subtle differences between backshores and reshores.

Cliff Schwinger