From: Don [mailto:dbryant61(--nospam--at)cox.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 7:33 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Scary, Illegal, and Disgusting !!!

Dear Charlie,

What exactly do you mean by "it figures he is a CE"?  Your comment seems to
infer that people posessing a civil engineering degree are more likely to
practice the type of sleaze displayed bt Mr. Koppenhaver.  If not, I
apologize in advance.  If so, I take offense.

I, and many others on this list, practice professional structural
engineering, and have a BSCE or MSCE hanging on the wall.  When I graduated,
AE was just getting started at several of the universites of which I was
aware.  At the time, I was taught that structural engineering was a category
of civil, just like highway, bridges, sanitary, and coastal.  Your comment
seems to infer that people posessing a civil engineering degree are more
likely to practice the type of sleaze displayed bt Mr. Koppenhaver.

Donald R. Bryant, PE
STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY
518 Bushnell Drive
Virginia Beach, VA  23451