RE: Scary, Illegal, and Disgusting !!!

Since I know Charlie, I knew that he was PSU grad from the AE department,
so I was able to take his comments as good ol' rivalry between PSU CE and
PSU AE department.  Similar to the way I tend to "pick" on the
environmental folks from U of Michigan due to the kind friendly "rivalry"
of C and the E parts of the CEE (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
department.  Not to mention the fact that I think of myself as a
structural engineer even though I went through a CE (later became CEE)
department (but could have gone through an AE department) rather than a SE
department (which to my knowledge does not exist at any university...to my
knowledge all structural engineers are produced by way of civil
engineering or architectural engineering [or mechanical/aero engineering]
programs...i.e. I know of no "pure" structural engineering
programs/degrees).  Or it is also like the affectionate "dislike" that
engineering students referred to LS&A (Literature, Arts, and Science)
students at Michigan (affectionately referred to LS&Play on the
engineering campus).  Or how some traditional "mainstream" engineering
department students referred to IOE engineering department...sometimes
referred to as "easy In, easy Out engineering".  All part of "turf" wars
that are mostly in "good fun" but can turn a little nasty at times.
<grin>

So, I took it purely as an "internal politics of PSU" thing.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI