snow question

Does snow accumulate on a bar grating with 1" clear spacing?
I'm designing a hail shield to protect steam condenser tubes
by using grating. It dawn on me that snow may be trapped on the
grating and shown be considered in the design as well.
Any input is much appreciated.

Rainier Catubig
San Diego, California