Boggled Out By Load Combinations

Visualize two buildings, side by side, separated by a distance "d".

Suppose you *accurately" calculate Delta_sub_MT to ensure "d" is big enough
to satisfy building separation.

Now, suppose to put a tie (an "architectural feature") at the roof line
between the two buildings which is not stiff enough to affect the load
distribution, but you want to design the member (and it's connection to the
buildings) appropriately.

IIRC, the force in the member is PL/AE.

My question is: What do I multiply this load "P" by to design it in ASD?

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
San Juan Capistrano, CA