Exposed brick on lintel soffit

I am designing a brick lintel for a brick veneer with metal stud backup.  I have a condition where I have 24 inch square piers at the corners of a ?tower? type structure.  There is about 11 feet clear between the piers.  The brick veneer wall crosses over this opening about 10 feet above the floor line.  The architect would like the lintel over this opening to show brick on the underside, effectively creating a flat arch of soldier bricks.  This soffit would be 24 inches wide.  Normally I would use a loose steel angle to span the opening.  Since the width of the opening is about 11 feet perhaps a tube with a flat plat welded would be stiffer.  But since the architect wants exposed brick instead of a steel plate on the soffit there is now a detailing challenge.

Has anyone successfully detailed an economical lintel type member that would allow brick on the bottom side?  The lintel not only needs to support the brick above the opening but also the metal stud backup.

Thanks for any insight you may give me.

Rich

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!