RE: Seismic Area Zone B

I think they probably mean Design Category B (See the ASCE7 or IBC).  I have
noticed most people that are used to the concept of seismic "Zones", and
still refer to the seismic requirements that way, even though the
requirements are now delineated by letters, and the concept of zones has
been abandoned.
I would issue a clarification letter to the client, including all the
seismic design criteria to be used in the analysis, especially the Design
Category and the Importance Factor, then proceed with the design for
Category B.