Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Seismic Area Zone B

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]


It has been a while since I did work in Mexico but be aware that they have their own codes.  This may have changed but they use to have a Federal Code (Reglamento de Construcciones para el Distrito Federal, RCDF) which technically only applied to the government areas in and around Mexico city.  For areas outside of Mexico City it was common to use the CFE (Comision Federal de Electricidad) code which was used primarily for industrial structures however it was sometimes used for buildings.  Better check with your client to see what the base code is before making any assumptions.  Perhaps one of our Mexican list participants can give us the latest on Mexican Codes.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

DAN NOVAK <DAN.NOVAK(--nospam--at)>

04/12/2004 04:54 PM

Please respond to

Seismic Area Zone B

I have been asked to review an equipment cabinet in a refinery for "Seismic Area Zone B", the project is in El Marques,  Mexico.   Does this mean anything to anyone?  
Thanks Dan Novak