Q: Weld QA/QC per FEMA 350

The engineer is required to specify the Seismic Weld Demand Category per
FEMA 350. Using the detail for WUF-W, the category is given for each weld as
QA/QC Category AH/T or BH/L or sim. I understand the BH indicates the
seismic demand/consequence category per table 6-1 FEMA 353. What does the T
or L indicate?

Second question; Where this building is located, the governing code is the
97 UBC. Can I detail the connection using the reacting moments due to the
lateral forces increased by Omega, 2.8, or must the internal forces be
calculated using the equations in FEMA 350 Section 3.2?

Your help is very much appreciated,
Catherine A Pagni, MSCE
PACE Civil, Inc.
Staff Engineer