Re: FW: Q: Weld QA/QC per FEMA 350 (oops - second try)

Catherine,

I just noticed I misread your question.  You were asking about welded versus bolted WEBS.  If you are going to weld the flanges I would also weld the webs (just one less piece of equipment required).  Note however that on the WUF-W connection both the beam web and the shear tab are welded to the column.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

Catherine Pagni <CPagni(--nospam--at)pacecivil.com>

04/13/2004 12:03 PM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

"'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
FW: Q: Weld QA/QC per FEMA 350

Thank you Tom.

Regarding the same WUF- welded web connection, the beam has a very shallow
depth. Would a bolted web connection be a better choice? Advice on selecting
between these connection is appreciated.

Thanks, Catherine