Re: Direct Supervision in Texas

Jim -

It seems like "regular personal presence" could reasonably be
interpreted to mean that the EOR routinely is available to the
project engineer for questions and consultation during the development
of the project. When the EOR is away, I would guess that "exerting
significant control" could take place, by either delegation to a
trusted subordinate (senior engineer) or restriction of scope of work
(e.g. "Don't send these layouts and details to drafting before I get
back and review them.").

I agree, however, that the final sentence seems to contradict the
prior sentence by stating the supervising engineers must be
personally present at all times.  Unless that last sentence is
actually Board Rule 131.18(9) and the prior sentences are the
clarification.  Stan?

Question for Stan:

Does the enforcement action give any details regarding the cause
for complaint?  Was Mr. Perge not present *at any time* during
preparation of the design (i.e on vacation the whole time), or
was he simply absent periodically during the design?  If the
latter, I agree with Jim.  If you have to be physically present
at all times, how does any work get done when the Principals all
get the flu?

Charley