RE: Components & Cladding for Wood Roof Trusses

John,

But keep in mind the section 6.5.12.1.3 of ASCE 7-98 states that
components and cladding elements (for enclosed and partially enclosed
buildings) "...with tributary areas greater than 700 sq. ft. shall be
permitted to be designed using the provisions for main wind force
resisting systems."

Now, I will be the first to admit that typical wood trusses will _NOT_
trip the 700 sq. ft. limit, but I have encountered some structural members
that certain would (i.e. your typical steel truss in an industrial
building).

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI