Direct Supervision in Texas and WOOD TRUSSES

How is it that a truss designer in Houston (unlicensed) designs the wood
truss with the plate manufacturers software (a different company) and the
engineer (licensed) who is in Missouri can seal the truss submittals?

On a different note related to reviewing truss submittals:

I treat wood trusses like 2x4's off the shelf, if the grade stamp says it's
a #2 then it's a number #2 I don't think I should have to grade the wood
myself that's the grading authority's responsibility.

Likewise if the truss profile says it meets all the loads I've set forth in
the design document and the noted assumptions they've made conform with the
overall design then I've done my due diligence I don't think I should be
responsible to verify the truss is strong enough or stiff enough. Just like
the grade stamp the engineers seal and their company logo take care of
liability in terms of a localized failure of a truss. More often than not
the truss profile sheet with the engineers seal has erroneous information.
Strangely they are able to change this information at will and it never
seems to effect the truss member sizes.