Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: California Codes[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: California Codes
- From: Steve Widmayer <SWidmayer(--nospam--at)WILLDAN.com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:22:57 -0700
A presentation recently at the annual business meeting for the Calif. Building Officials (CALBO) indicated that the adoption process could take until (around) November of 2008 to adopt the 2004 Calif. Building Code. This is assuming the use of the Calif. Building Standards Commission previously recommended NFPA 5000. At this time the IBC is not being considered by the Building Standards Commission.
Nevertheless, until then, many local amendments have been adopted by LA City, LA County and many other jurisdictions that have substantially "updated" the "model" (1997 UBC) code in the application of Chapters 16 (including Table 16-N), 22 (Steel and the adoption of the AISC 97+ supplements 1 & 2) and 23 (including conventional framing and shear wall allowables). You should check with the local jurisdiction to find out the amendments.
Steve Widmayer, PE
- Prev by Subject: Re: California Codes
- Next by Subject: California Codes
- Previous by thread: Re: California Codes
- Next by thread: California Codes