Re: Quonset Huts

> From: "Gary Hodgson & Associates" <ghodgson(--nospam--at)vaxxine.com>

> Does anybody on the list have any info on the design and construction
> of Quonset huts?  My customer wants me to go look at one today and
> give him a report.  I will decide after seeing it whether I want to
> get involved but, at the moment, I have no info and feel I should
> find out what resources are available.

I have never dealt with one.

Current NBCC 95 loads for rounded (e.g. Quonset) shapes was increased by
revision about a year or two ago. I'm not sure if it was also adopted by
default for OBC 97 but one might imagine that it would be prudent to
apply the revision.

You will probably need a copy of S136.

--
Paul Ransom, P. Eng.