RE: CA hospital equipment anchorage

greetings,
Everything going into a new hospital in CA has to have seismic anchorage by
Sec. 1632A.
Years ago the CBC had an exemption for equipment anchorage for "... less
than 400lbs, furniture, and moveable equipment..."
Now the current 2001 CBC has no exceptions, except for footnote 23, Table
16A-O that talks about short fat shelves and cabinets.
As I see it, the way the current code reads, a gurney will have to be
anchored to the floor and you will have to carry the patient around on your
back!!
Any thoughts on what you are doing with small lightweight and/or moveable
hospital equipment ?

regards,
Matt Jordan SE
CRJ Associates