Simpson MBHA - Install at end of Block w/o Epoxy?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to install a Simpson MBHA at the end of a
masonry wall without using an epoxy anchor?

I would like to use an expansion anchor but neither Simpson's (Wedge All)
nor Hilti (Kwik Bolt II) have been tested in the end of a block; just on the
face of the block.

I would hate to trigger Special Inspection for such an application.

Sigh....

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
San Juan Capistrano, CA