Negative Pressure for the Concrete Foundation

     Dear Sir,

     I am designing the open foundation for the shelters. The typical
     problem is I am getting tension in the bottom of the footing. This
     will leads to loss of contact between soil and footing bottom and
     resulting to increase in the maximum bearing pressure.

     I was just looking for the formula to modify the the bearing pressure
     due to loss of contact of footing.

     Please advise me regarding the same

     Regards,
     Arnik Doshi