RE: Negative Pressure for the Concrete Foundation

For footing loaded outside the middle third:

bearing pressure = 2*P/(Y*B)

Y = 3(L/2 - e) = length of footing remaining in compression

P = vertical load
e = eccentricity of load to centroid of foundation
L = length of foundation in loaded direction
B= width of foundation in perpendicular direction

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311