Re: dynamic of prestressed

I'm not sure what specific area of dynamic response you are interested in, but there is some literature out there discussing vibration.  The PCI Design Handbook has a short discussion, and there have been one or two articles published in one of the ACI journals quite a few years back.  I am not an expert, but as far as I took my brief investigation into floor vibration a while back, the post-tensioning has the potential to increase stiffness, since the precompression may reduce the degree to which the section will crack under typical loads.  This, in turn, may shorten the period and increase the frequency as compared to a comparable non-pt section.

Paul Crocker, PE, SE

>>> <labanlie(--nospam--at)indosat.net.id> 04/21/04 07:09AM >>>
hi, my name is nico (from indonesia)
I'm doing my thesis right now. is there any information about dynamic analysis for prestressed beam. is there any code about it?
In my final task for graduate/bachelor degree, i discussed about natural frequency of long span plate which is supported by prestressed beam. In order to get the distribution of stiffness and masses, I used finite element method (solid element). But I ignored the prestressed effect of the beam. How does the prestressed affect the system of the structure? is it increasing or decreasing the natural frequency? is there any danger that should be aware? such as when the negative moment occurs, or buckling effect?
thanks alot everybody.

nico