Steel embedded in concrete

I am looking at putting a suspended slab next to an existing concrete
foundation wall.  I am suspending the slab because I don't know the
condition of the soil to know if it can support the slab load without
excessive settling.  Since it is backfill against an existing wall I
would assume it is loose.  I was considering bolting an angle to the wall
and burring it in the concrete slab for support of the slab.  The slab
would be a one-way slab so the angle would be the primary support.

I would like some advice on what to do with the angle.  Should I leave it
as "black steel"?  Should it be galvanized?  Maybe coated with zinc-rich
primer?  Should I wrap it in building paper so the concrete doesn't bond
to the steel so that when the concrete shrinks it doesn't pull the bolts
out of the wall?

Thanks.

Rich

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!