masonry market study

I am interested in finding the cost-of, or volume-of, masonry work that is
being done nationally, possibly in varying states and categories of masonry
construction types.

Recently I have had the opportunity to be involved in a masonry product
development. I need to write a proposal based on an interest in ownership of
the future potential of the product. My thought is to estimate my
engineering fee and divide that into what I estimate the market share the
product might capture and then increase that by a reliability factor.

Are there any books or studies available. Does the Federal or State
Governments have any information resources? I hope you can help guide me in
my estimate.

Are there any great ideas about how I might approach?

David B. Merrick, SE
MRKGP@WINFIRST>COM