FW: soils pressure

Joe,

As indicated previously, the earth pressure is dependent on the width of
drainage material between the rock face and the wall. A small width (1 to 3
ft), will reduce the pressures significantly. Your assumption of full soil
pressure is very conservative (assuming there is no water and that there are
no rock pressures).

	Jesús Gómez, Ph.D., P.E.
	Associate
	Schnabel Engineering