CMU wall grout lift height

I have a building where the 12" (all cells solid filled) CMU walls were grouted in up to 10' lifts. The contractor called me about the max lift height he could use early in the project. I told him he could pour from a height of around 10' but not to exceed a lift height of 4'. Apparently he misunderstood me and poured much of the building in 10' lifts until an inspector questioned what he was doing.

Now I am not sure of the quality of the grout in the walls. I made them take a couple of cores to see how they looked. 2 out of the 3 appeared good with the 3rd being moderately ok. I previously talked to someone at the Masonry Institute who said they were trying to push the Code Authorities to accept up to 12' lifts and 24' pour heights.

Any comments are appreciated.