Wind on Small Signs

Fellow Engineers,

I have a client that wants me to check the wind loading on small signs (no parking, handicap, 18" x 12" type) and how high these signs can be placed on the pole. They are placed in a precast pyramid type base. I initially used ASCE 7-02 for solid signs and a 90mph wind, and followed the steps for these signs in ASCE 7-02. These signs are used in large parking lots that are totally open. Is this the correct path or is this too conservative?

Chad Van Kampen, President
Van Kampen Engineering P.C.
Quality Precast and Prestressed Detailing and Design