Pullout Strength of Non-Pestressed Bent Strands (shown better)

Hi!
Here are some questions about the pullout strength of strand.
This technique has sometimes been used to strip precast concrete
 flat slabs from the mold.
(See "Pullout Capacity of Non-Prestressed Bent Strands...",
   July-August 2002 PCI Journal.)

1) Does only embedment length L1+L2 affect the pullout strength?
 How about the concrete strength?
2) How can L2 affect the pullout strength (Breakout Strength, ACI-02)
 of concrete?  Can't I apply cone failure concept here?
 How much concrete cover L2 do I need?
 This paper shows 6" and 10". How about 3" or 4"?
3) If I add a straight bar around bend area, how much does it help?
 How can I decide which rebar (#4, 5, or 6) I need?
4) How can I apply the concept of bonding strength
 betweeen strand and concrete?  How can L1 bond strength help
 pullout strength?
5) If I use regular mild reinforcement (#3 or 4), can I apply this
method also?

	    Pullout
	       /\
surface