NCEES Structural II / California SE exam References

Title: Message
For those of you who took the NCEES Structural II / California SE exam:

The list of standards for the NCEES Structural II exam includes the ACI, ASCE, NDS, etc. codes, and they were specified by NCEES with the code year.   For example, ASCE-7 is 1998, ACI 530 is to be the 1999 edition.  Since I do not have ASCE-7 98 and ACI 530 (1999), I guess I need to buy them.  I don't have the latest edition neither, the ASCE7-02 and ACI530 -02.  It seems kind of waste if I have to buy an earlier version of the code just for the exam.  I don't suppose I have any choice on that?

Also, the PCI design handbook - 1999, listed in NCEES exam standards, how useful is that for the exam?

Thanks for any comments.

Y i   Y a n g,   P. E.
STRUCTURAL DIVISION
SUMMIT ENGINEERING INC.