From: YI [mailto:YI(--nospam--at)summit-sr.com]
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 12:58 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: NCEES Structural II / California SE exam References

For those of you who took the NCEES Structural II / California SE exam:

The list of standards for the NCEES Structural II exam includes the ACI,
ASCE, NDS, etc. codes, and they were specified by NCEES with the code
year.   For example, ASCE-7 is 1998, ACI 530 is to be the 1999 edition.
Since I do not have ASCE-7 98 and ACI 530 (1999), I guess I need to buy
them.  I don't have the latest edition neither, the ASCE7-02 and ACI530
-02.  It seems kind of waste if I have to buy an earlier version of the code
just for the exam.  I don't suppose I have any choice on that?

Also, the PCI design handbook - 1999, listed in NCEES exam standards, how
useful is that for the exam?

Thanks for any comments.

Y i   Y a n g,   P. E.
STRUCTURAL DIVISION