Fw: RE: NCEES Structural II / California SE exam References old codes

YI,

California Structural Engineering Examination. For a civil engineer to use the title "structural engineer," they must pass the state Structural examination. NCEES also provides a national examination for structural engineers. The Joint Committee questioned why the national examination, which would provide for better comity for out-of-state structural engineers, could not be used.

[The Board has reviewed this issue and recently voted to transition to using the NCEES Structural II national examination in conjunction with an 8-hour state-specific examination.]

The Board is in the process of conducting an occupational analysis to determine the state-specific portion of work to be tested on the state-specific examination for Structural Engineers. The project is on track, and the Board sees no obstacles in administering both the NCEES SE II examination and state-specific examination in October 2004.

Positive approach:  you can pass the 16hours in parts.  Reciprocity will be easier.

Standards will vary - need to use IBC and CBC.

Previously you needed to reach the minimum passing score.

Hope this helps.

Desi J. Kiss, M.S., P.E.
DJK Engineering, Mission Viejo, CA
Ph: 949/458-9169, Fax: 458-9059