From: Joe Grill [mailto:jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com]
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 3:24 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: 2003 IRC Brace wall lines

The area I am working in has adopted the 2003 IBC and IRC.  Are there
any
provisions that tell us where you can not use the Wall Bracing
provisions in
the IRC for lateral?  I am starting to look at the lateral on a
residential
project where the roof diaphragm is pretty broken up with differing
elevations.  I know that I will be asked why the provisions in the IRC
for
wall bracing won't work.  I can't find any provisions myself, but may be
looking in the wrong place.  Also, are there any Q&A materials out there
for
the IRC and in particular the wall bracing provisions?  I have one for
the
IBC.  To me the provisions in the IRC are pretty confusing, and I've
never
had to really look into them.

Thanks,

Joe Grill