From: Gary Hodgson & Associates [mailto:ghodgson(--nospam--at)vaxxine.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 5:48 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Steel Detailing Charges

Mark,
As most columns are dimensioned from the base, changing
the base elevation will affect everything above it.
However 80 hours seems excessive- I worked in a fab shop
for 14 years as Manager of Engineering.
In one claim on one of my jobs (after I went on my own)
where the detailer claimed 7 hours for an item, I drew
the item myself. It took one hour and I threw in 1/2 hr
for checking.  I suggest you try that route.
Gary