RE: Cambered Slabs

Gail:

In Chicago, we simply indicate the value (usually in the neighborhood of 3/4”-1”)

in the center of the bay on the framing plan.

He (concrete guy) slopes the formwork up to the center of the bay in each direction…

I’ve also seen slabs “double formed” i.e., flat primary forms with an additional plywood overlay

To achieve the camber…

The decks are typically surveyed within 6 hours of placement then immediately after stripping…

Regards,

David L. Fisher SE PE

Fisher + partners

372 West Ontario