RE: Anchor Bolt Embedments for Ordinary Moment Frame

I would suggest looking at this problem using the strut and tie provisions
in ACI 318.  The anchor bolt transfers the force to the concrete at the AB
head.  The concrete acts as a strut which is resisted by the foundation
rebar acting as a tie.  The trick is then to figure the transfer length to
develop the rebar.  Using one of the headed rebar ends would create a more
efficient transfer than using hooks or straight development length.  I
would then install significant transverse reinforcement to confine the
concrete in the region of the force transfer.

Mark Gilligan