From: Jason W. Kilgore [mailto:jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 10:13 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Steel Detailing Charges

> We try to be very thorough in our shop drawing review (you know,
> we actually answer the questions), but the detailer can greatly
> facilitate the process by providing clear easy to work with sets.
> Why anyone would require so many sets is beyond me.

1 record set: Structural Engineer
1 record set: Architect
1 record set: General Contractor
1 record set: Erector
1 record set: Fabricator
1 record set: Detailer

The extras come in where the general contractor and erector want extra
sets:
1 extra set general's main office
1 extra set general's job trailer
1 extra set erector's main office
1 extra set erector's job trailer
1-3 extra sets erector's field crew

If the approval drawings are approved "as marked", then it's cheaper
(for
the contractor) to make the SE do all the marking.  So, the SE gets 12
sets
of drawings to mark up.

---
Jason Kilgore