ACI A7.7.3??

I just ran into a calculation where punching shear through a footing
supported on piles is being checked (punching or two-way shear around the
pile head). The calculation refers to ACI A7.7.3 for the well-known formula
of 2 times square root of f'c. Does this reference exist and is it for
punching shear? As far as I know ACI 318, section 11.3 addresses this
situation. However, for punching shear 4 times the square root of f'c should
be used, right?

	Jesús Gómez, Ph.D., P.E.
	Associate
	Schnabel Engineering
	510 East Gay Street
	West Chester, PA 19380
        jgomez(--nospam--at)schnabel-eng.com

This e-mail including attached files is confidential.  Its transmission is
solely as an accommodation for the benefit of the recipient.  The recipient
bears the responsibility for checking its accuracy against corresponding
originally signed documents provided by Schnabel Engineering.  If you
received this e-mail in error, its use is prohibited.  Please destroy it and
immediately notify postmaster(--nospam--at)schnabel-eng.com