CMU Site Wall using 2001CBC

I am designing a free-standing site wall using the Fp equation of
section 1632.2.  I know the value of ap=1.0 and Cp=3.0 per Table 16-O,
but what value of hx should be used?  The code states that hx is the
element of component attachment elevation with respect to grade, so to
me, that means that hx should be 0, and as a result the Fp,min equation
will govern.  I've read the blue book, plus looked at many books, but
this situation never sees to be addressed for free-standing
(non-building walls).  Is using hx=0 appropriate?

Molly Skinner, P.E.
Irvine, CA