From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 9:20 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Los Angeles County Building Code

Heide:

To my knowledge, ALL of California is required to use the CBC
(California
Building Code), which in essence in the 1997 UBC.  But, note that local
jurisdictions can make modifications to the state code (1997 UBC) as
long
as they make it MORE restrictive (that is my understanding, but those
who
practice in California should correct me if I am wrong...after all, I am
just a Michigan boy [although I was born in CA...but was a little too
young at that time to know anything about anything let alone codes
<grin>]).

HTH,

Scott
Adrian, MI