RE: Los Angeles County Building Code

I don't disagree that they may techinically have their "own" code.  As I
understand it, however, ALL jurisdictions in California are required to as
a minimum use the CBC (which is basically the 1997 UBC with some
modifications).  So, unless I misunderstand things, LA County's own code
will be the CBC which is basically the 1997 UBC, but it may have
siginificant additions/modifications to it that make "more" than the 1997
UBC.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI