Halsteel - Tracker Nails

I guess I’m one of those who is the last to know of a good idea, but a guy wrote me today about the Tracker color coded nails by Halsteel, Inc. and I found out that both Simpson and USP have catalog pages that reference which color nails to use with which connectors. I also found out the White Cap caries these and has a lot of them in stock.

How many of you have specified Trackers on jobs and does it really make your life easier when providing structural observation? Are their any knock-off’s that don’t have the same specifications? Also is there any realized savings or difficulties in using these?

I am interested in them but am not sure how to spec them on my drawings.

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer