RE: Garage load on composite deck + concrete

Joe,

I would have responded earlier, but I went fishing this weekend with my son.  We stocked the freezer with trout.

Back to the issue at hand, check out the NJB web site: http://www.njb-united.com/usd.htm#examples for examples of concentrated loads on composite deck.  Also scroll through the various design data sheets at: http://www.njb-united.com/usd/ddds.htm

The one you want is Deck Design Data Sheet #33, “Concentrated Load Distribution”, on the NJB / United Steel Deck web site: http://www.njb-united.com/usd/ddds/data33.pdf

A lot of this stuff was also published in the AISC Modern Steel Construction.

By the way, they were Rainbows.  One went 3.3 pounds, 18” long.  Naturally it was caught by my 11 year old son.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague