fx: 253/620-7235

From: Light_framing-bounces(--nospam--at)structuralist.net
[mailto:Light_framing-bounces(--nospam--at)structuralist.net] On Behalf Of
Light_framing(--nospam--at)structuralist.net
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 18:04
To: ; light_framing(--nospam--at)structuralist.net; cvsea(--nospam--at)structuralist.net
Subject: [Light_framing] Halsteel - Tracker Nails

I guess I'm one of those who is the last to know of a good idea, but a
guy wrote me today about the Tracker color coded nails by Halsteel, Inc.
and I found out that both Simpson and USP have catalog pages that
reference which color nails to use with which connectors. I also found
out the White Cap caries these and has a lot of them in stock.

How many of you have specified Trackers on jobs and does it really make
your life easier when providing structural observation? Are their any
knock-off's that don't have the same specifications? Also is there any
realized savings or difficulties in using these?

I am interested in them but am not sure how to spec them on my drawings.

Thanks,

Dennis