Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Steel Terminology[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Steel Terminology
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 16:23:26 EDT
I am reviewing something that makes the following statement about placing concrete for a slab on ground around steel columns. It doesn't sound quite right to refer to a column as a steel 'I' beam. What's a better way of saying this?
"If the column is a steel 'I' beam then the concrete in the area between the flanges should be placed first and wrapped with the isolation material before the slab is placed."
- Prev by Subject: Re: Steel Tank Repair
- Next by Subject: RE: Steel Terminology
- Previous by thread: RE: Old Rebar Spec
- Next by thread: RE: Steel Terminology