Re: Old Rebar Spec

For reinforcing bars:

Built:     < 1954         Ultimate strength (fu) = 55 - 75 ksi       Yield
stress (fy) = 33 ksi.
          1955 - 1967                                                70 -
90 ksi                                          36 ksi

                      "Nuttall, Davin
                      J."                      To:       <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                      <dnuttall@somervi        cc:
                      lleinc.com>              Subject:  Old Rebar Spec

                      05/03/2004 04:00
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      seaint

I am reviewing a 1953 reinforced concrete structure.

The concrete was specified as 3,000 psi, but the reinforcing was specified
as intermediate grade new billet steel ASTM A15-50T.

My current ASTM books do not list this, and the ASTM web page did not find
it either.

Anybody know what this is?  I am assuming that it has a yield strength of
40 ksi.

Thanks

Dave Nuttall, P.E.
Green Bay, WI