Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Modeling the subgrade modulus in Staad[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Modeling the subgrade modulus in Staad
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 08:46:11 EDT
When you model the subgrade modulus (k) in Staad or any other finite element programs, say to design a raft foundation, does it treat "k" as a simple spring constant?
I.e., does it consider anything like coupling between adjacent springs due to lateral pressures, does it adjust "k" for its location with respect to the edge of the foundation, etc.
Or do you just put in a mesh size and a "k" value and have the program model in as an independent, identical spring at each node?
Is there any program that is particularly good for this type of modeling?
- Prev by Subject: re: Modeling Rubber in SAP2000
- Next by Subject: RE: Modeling the subgrade modulus in Staad
- Previous by thread: RE: Square Steel Tube Column Got Deflected/Damaged
- Next by thread: RE: Modeling the subgrade modulus in Staad