Re: structural observation - history?

Gary:

I wish the cities/counties would make the owner sign a agreement with the engineer here in California. In my area the cities/counties don't require verification from the SER before they alow construction to proceed through the different stages. But, number one plan check correction is provide structural observation.  And of course the cities/counties want that letter.  I really doubt if they read our exclusions.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs,  CA